First on the Scene (FOTS)
First on the Scene (FOTS), developed by NAEMT and the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC), teaches the general public basic emergency response to life-threatening emergencies until EMS arrives on the scene. Through lesson presentations and hands-on skill stations, participants will learn how to access help in the event of a life-threatening emergency and what to do until EMS arrives.
This course covers:
- Activating the 911 system
- Hands-only CPR and AED
- Administering naloxone
- Administering epinephrine
- Responding to life-threatening bleeding
Upcoming classes for Goochland County
This course is offered to the public for free as a partnership between Goochland County Fire Rescue and Emergency Services and VCU Health. Registration required.
The course is free, but you will need an access code to register. Codes can be obtained from Chief Hillman.
- October 11 - 6PM - 10PM - Station 6 (Hadensville) Register here
- October 18 - 6PM - 10PM - Station 2 (Crozier) Register here
- October 25 - 6PM - 10PM - Station 5 (Courthouse) - Register here
- November 15 - 6PM - 10PM - Station 1 (Manikin). Register here
- November 29 - 6PM - 10PM - Station 4 - Fife Register here
- December 13 - 6PM - 10 PM - Station 3 (Centerville) - Register here